The employer buzzz happiness is a warm job yea!
Are you looking for additional means of meeting your diversity plan objectives? Are you actively seeking Motivated, Reliable and Dependable candidates to perform the essential functions of your current and potential job openings? Oregon Vocational Rehabilitation, and its partner agencies, would like to invite you to consider an additional applicant pool, and participate in the upcoming Options for Success Conference JOB FAIR, scheduled for 10:00AM – 12 Noon, Tuesday, September 27 at the Red Lion Hotel in Medford.
The Fifth Annual Options for Success conference: “Options for Success: Unlocking Buried Treasure” sponsored by Oregon Vocational Rehabilitation, and its partner agencies, is presented to assist individuals with disabilities in obtaining and maintaining employment. Additionally, participating employers have the opportunity to meet potential candidates with a wide variety of knowledge, skills and abilities to meet the essential functions of their current and future employment opportunities. This can include accepting applications & resumes, as well as performing on-the-spot interviews.
Participants, and prospective applicants, have experience in a broad range of occupations including, but not necessarily limited to, Engineering, Media, Assembly & Fabrication, Building Maintenance, Business & Financial, Social Service, Computer, Food Prep, Health Care, Maintenance & Repair, Education, Office & Administrative Support, Printing, Sales, and Warehouse.
There is no charge to participating employers. Following the Job Fair, you are invited, as our guest, to our Annual Luncheon and Awards Ceremony.
For further information, please contact Lee Allison at 541-858-3146
Other important info
- Tax Incentives: Hiring the disabled might qualify your business for special tax benefits
- Hiring the disabled can benefit your organizations in many ways. Disabled workers exceed non disabled workers when it comes to productivity and safety. (See esight.org)
- Are you an employer looking for employees? Contact OPTIONS FOR SUCCESS
- What can you do to advance employement for people with disabilities? Check out The Campaign for Disability Employment
How Many Working Age Individuals are Disabled?
- According to the United States Department of Labor, Office of Disability Employment Policy 18,525,862 or 55.8% of people with disabilities are employed.
- While the actual percentage of working age individuals in the Rogue Valley who have disabilities is unknown, we can identify the number of individuals who are receiving Social Security benefits (Social Security Disability Insurance or Supplemental Security Income). Note – to be eligible for Social Security Administration (SSA) benefits one must have a physical or mental disability that significantly impairs one’s ability to perform Substantial Gainful Activity.
|NUMBER WORKING AGE INDIVIDUALS||Number of Working Age Individuals Receiving SSA Benefits||PERCENTAGE OF WORKING AGE INDIVDIUALS RECEIVING SSA BENEFITS|
|Both Counties Combined||138,240||12,090||8.7%|